‘you’ means the person overleaf (and if more than one, both or all of you, your obligations being as individuals and together)
‘us’ and ‘we’ – Means Renaissance Interiors Ltd
‘the goods’ means the items specified overleaf.
‘the site’ means the place where the goods are to be fitted (as specified overleaf)
‘the fitter’ means the person we contract to fit the goods
2.Please read this contract carefully as we will rely on the terms set out here and overleaf and neither we nor you can alter them without the agreement of the other
3. We agree to supply and fit the goods at the site, unless it is stated otherwise overleaf.
4. We will try to fulfil our obligations under this contract within a reasonable time. However, any fitting or completion date we give is a guide only and is based upon information given by you and other information known to us at the time. We cannot be held liable for delay or failure to complete the works caused by events beyond our reasonable control. In those cases we will complete the work as soon as reasonably possible.
5. If we have agreed with you to arrange for the goods to be fitted, the following applies.
I You agree
a. to make sure that the fitter has access to the site at reasonable times (between 7.30am and 6.30pm on weekdays) otherwise as agreed by you and us.
b. to make sure that any re-building or installation of plumbing (including water, radiators, drainage, gas, sewage and the like) or electrics, removal of existing furniture and carpets have been carried out to a good workman-like standard prior to the fitting date.
c. to make sure that the fitter can use the mains electricity supply from a standard 13A 240V socket free of charge and that the supply is installed to the usual standards in force at the time.
d. that you will not make any material alterations in the rooms to be fitted and that in particular you have not installed, relocated or removed any fixed items that you have not told us about before we entered into the contract
e. that you have permission to use any plans or drawings you supply us.
f. to provide reasonable access to the room to be fitted (ladder access is not acceptable) to clear the room to provide sufficient working space for the fitter and co-operate in reducing health and safety risks to an acceptable level
g. if you wish to cancel or postpone your fitting date within seven working days of the due date, we will incur costs therefore cancellation or postponement may be subject to a £150. charge.
h. you confirm that you have told us of any particular features which you know about the site or its construction which may make the installation more difficult that we might reasonably expect. In particular, you acknowledge that you have checked the walls are sound.
i. you are advised not to decorate rooms (except the space where front frame furniture is to be installed) prior to installation in order to avoid minor incidental damage caused during installation.
6. Unless we have specifically mentioned otherwise, VAT has been included in all our fees and charges at the applicable rate.
7. We may make improvements to the specifications of the goods (or minor cosmetic changes) or their installation before completion or the installation. We will not make any significant changes without your agreement.
a. All our wood products are of a satisfactory quality, although as wood is a natural product it can vary in grain or colour
b. For installation and safety purposes there will be a join in any material over 2400mm
8. You have the right to cancel this contract within seven days. Under the Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumer’s home or Place of Work etc. Regulations 2008, you have a right to cancel this contract within seven days from the date of your confirmation and deposit..
If you wish to cancel this contract you MUST DO SO IN WRITING and deliver personally or send (which may be by electronic mail) this to the person named below.
The Customer Care Department – Renaissance Interiors Ltd, 18a, Bradfield Close, Finedon Road Industrial Estate, Wellingborough Northants NN8 4RQ
Your notice of cancellation is deemed served as soon as it is posted, if sent electronically then it is deemed as served on the day it was sent. Please note that although you have a right to cancel within seven days, you will be required to pay for any goods and services that we supply with your written agreement prior to that date. If you cancel by email please ensure that you include all your details and send your cancellation to Julie@renaissancebedrooms.co.uk
9. If you ask to cancel the contract, after the seven day period set out in paragraph 8 above, we will consider agreeing, but we estimate that we will incur the following costs, and cancellation shall be subject to you paying the following charges within seven days of us notifying you of the accepted cancellation.
a. If we have started manufacturing the goods 50% of the contract price
b. If we have completed manufacture of the goods 75% of the contract price
c. any sum remaining unpaid after the date it became due will attract interest at a rate of 3% above the base rate of Barclays Bank
10. The legal ownership of the goods will not pass to you until you have paid all of the money you owe us whether under this agreement or otherwise. You are responsible for the foods as soon as they are delivered to the site and we advise you to check your household insurance to ensure that you are covered.
11. This contract will end if you become bankrupt or otherwise insolvent, or make any arrangement with people you owe money to in which case we will only carry out work we have started and which has been paid for.
12 We guarantee goods that we have supplied against defects in manufacturing or installation for 5 years after the completion of the work. This guarantee will only apply if:
a. you do not owe us any money under the contract
b. you have properly cared for and used the goods and followed any instructions provided by us.
c. you write to us as soon as is reasonably practicable after discovering a problem that you wish to claim under the guarantee
d. you do not move the goods without our prior written consent.
This guarantee excludes electrical and light fittings, bulbs and glass. We shall at our discretion and taking into account fair wear and tear, repair, replace or re-install the goods. Should your claim be the result of fair wear and tear or damage or if the installation is outside the 5 year guarantee period there will be a £50.00 )payable at the time of the visit) call-out charge in addition to our then current price for repair and/or cost of any materials used.
As a Consumer you have statutory protection regarding faulty or mis-described goods or inadequate services such as installation, these terms do not affect those rights.
13. This agreement is made under English law.
14. Standard Payment Terms
50% of total price deposit with order
25% on delivery
25% of total price on the day of completion, please contact our Consumer Payments Department to arrange payment unless otherwise arranged in writing.
If the payment terms are not met, the goods will not be sent to you. If you have not decided on the exact specification of the order prior to installation, such as colour choice of upholstery, you must still comply with the payment terms agreed at the time of placing the order.
A credit card usage charge of 1.5% will be applied to the value of any credit card payments which will mean for each £100. We will charge £1.50. No usage fee is payable for payments made by debit card.
If the order value exceeds £10,000. We reserve the right to consult credit reference agencies before agreeing credit terms and you consent to us providing details to such agencies.
Renaissance Interiors Ltd. 18a, Bradfield Close, Finedon Road Industrial Estate, Wellingborough Northants, NN8 4RQ Registered in England No 6818705